With just 5 minutes of time, with a drop of blood, you can find the causes of future illnesses or minor problems you may have. Many serious diseases such as gout, kidney failure, diabetes, whether your liver functions are working, rheumatism, latent jaundice, infection can occur with a drop of blood. Medical Park Hospitals Group Medical Park Göztepe Hospital Complex Internal Diseases Specialist Assoc. Dr. Yavuz Furuncuoğlu told us about the magic hidden in a drop of blood and underlined that even though we do not have any complaints, we go to an internal medicine doctor once a year and undergo a routine check-up. Furuncuoğlu said that without waiting for the symptoms to give symptoms, we can get rid of greater destructions in the future by taking our precaution with simple examinations.
Blood tests tell a lot about the disease
When we go to the doctor, blood tests are requested, but do we know what their meanings are? Starting his speech by saying, Assoc. Dr. Yavuz Furuncuoğlu said, “When a blood test is done, everything is not known, only the result of the desired test is obtained. So, when your blood sugar is measured, you can learn about it, but you cannot find out whether you have latent jaundice. In this article, what the frequently desired results mean in blood tests will be explained. “Blood tests will inform you about many diseases you may have. At least, you can take your prevention and have further tests done before it is too late,” he said. Assoc. Dr. Yavuz Furuncuoğlu told us about the genetics in blood tests: Hemogram = Blood count: It is measured by automatic machines. It examines a very small amount of blood and reports the result. From the result, information about anemia (red blood cells), what kind of anemia or excessive blood production (polycythemia), the presence of an inflammatory condition (leukocyte), indirect signs of a leukemia type disease or bone marrow diseases (pancytopenia), coagulation (platelet) information can be obtained
• Sedimentation: It is the rate at which blood collapses. It is found high in inflammatory conditions, rheumatic diseases, microbial conditions, blood diseases, some cancers. Low results in excessive blood production (polycythemia)
• Urea-Bun- Creatinine: It shows the functioning of the kidneys. It is found high in kidney failure.
• Uric acid: It is the end product of protein breakdown. It is high in gout and kidney failure. It can also be high in those who are fed with excess protein and in cases with tissue destruction (blood diseases).
• AST-ALT: Shows liver functions. AST can also be high in heart, muscle disease, and people with alcohol.
• Glucose: Shows the blood sugar.
• HbA1c: Shows the average blood sugar for the last 2-3 months, its normal value should not exceed 6 percent.
• GGT-ALP: It is high in liver and biliary tract diseases. ALP can also indicate bone diseases. It can be found physiologically high in children and pregnant women.
• Cholesterol-Triglyceride: Shows the fat content in the blood.
• HDL cholesterol. It is known as beneficial cholesterol.
• LDL cholesterol: Known as harmful cholesterol.
• LDH-CK-CPK = CK MB, Troponin, Myoglobin, AST: These are markers for heart diseases.
• LDH CPK, AST can also be elevated in muscle diseases.
• LDH can also be found high in some blood diseases and tumors.
• T protein- Albumin: Shows blood proteins
• Lipase-Amylase: Indicates pancreatic diseases, but may be high in some other diseases.
• Na- K- Ca- P- Mg: It shows the blood salt ratio. It rarely comes out of normal, and when it does, it can cause serious diseases.
• Iron-iron binding capacity-ferritin: Indicates blood and storage iron levels.
• CRP: It is the sign of a newly formed infection or inflammation.
• RF-Anti CCP- ANA = FANA, ENA: Inflammatory rheumatism screening tests.
• ASO: It is just an indicator of previous microbial throat inflammation. It is not a rheumatism test.
• FT3, FT4, TSH: It shows the functioning of the thyroid gland.
• Thyroid antibodies (AntiTPO, AntiTG): Question the presence of autoantibodies against the thyroid gland.
• PT, PTT, INR: It is related to blood coagulation levels.
• HBsAg, AntiHBs: Question the presence of Hepatitis B.
• Anti HCV: Questions the presence of hepatitis C.