VM Medical Park Kocaeli Hospital Nutrition and Diet Specialist Gamze Kalelioğlu, tells us about the ginger, which has become the most natural remedy used in recent years, from a simple abdominal pain to nausea during pregnancy, some of whom have never given up, never missed from their home, others have always kept their distance due to its smell and appearance.
Benefits of ginger for digestive system and stomach
• They have proven that ginger helps 40% indigestion and stomach bloating.
• Ginger is effective against stomach pain and nausea, as well as relieves gas in the stomach and intestines. It prevents diarrhea and relieves intestinal disorders.
• It has been observed that it is good for nausea and vomiting caused by pregnancy, motion sickness (motion sickness, seasickness, etc.) and chemotherapy.
• It prevents constipation by relaxing the smooth muscles in the intestines and allowing food to move through the intestines.
• Since 1980, it has been claimed that ginger has a relieving effect on ulcers and reflux.
• It helps to remove toxins in the body by increasing body temperature.
Benefits of ginger for heart and respiratory tract
• With regular use of ginger, the effect of reducing the rate of stroke and heart attack is observed.
• It has LDL cholesterol lowering properties.
• It is known that ginger oil has positive effects on shortness of breath.
Ginger against infections
• It helps to accelerate the reactions against infections by strengthening the immune system.
• Ginger has proven to be the most effective herb against fungal infections.
• Thanks to its antiseptic effect, it is effective against stomach and intestinal infections and even food poisoning.
Ginger’s pain relieving properties
• It has been reported to have pain relieving properties by acting on specialized cells in the nerve endings that can receive various stimuli. It has been observed to directly relieve pain relief and relieve pain-causing inflammation.
• It is good for menstrual cramps as well as for menstrual cramps.
• It has been observed that it has positive effects on arthritis (arthritis), reduces standing knee pain and is effective in osteoarthritis.
The effect of ginger against cancer
As a result of research at the University of Minnesota; Effects have been observed on colon cancer as a result of delaying the growth of cells. It is known to be effective in ovarian cancer as well. The daily consumption amount is 1000 milligrams or 1-2 drops of ginger oil.
Pay attention to the consumption of ginger
In addition to the benefits of ginger, of course, there are damages as a result of overuse.
• Thanks to its pungent smell, it causes heartburn, rhythm disturbance, skin rash and depressive effect.
• Due to the blood thinning feature of ginger, its consumption should be stopped before surgery.
• It is not recommended to give ginger to children younger than 2 years old.
• If it is used for children, one third of the recommended dose should be used.
• It should not be consumed with blood thinners.
• The preventive effects of ginger, such as garlic and onion, on blood clotting have also been observed as a result of researches.
• During pregnancy, the amount of consumption should be considered. Overused ginger can cause miscarriage during pregnancy. It is recommended to be consumed under the recommendation and control of the physician in pregnant and lactating women.
• They stated the daily dose to be used as 1.2 gr.
A recipe that makes you love ginger
A recipe that will warm you up in cold weather and strengthen your immunity: Grate some fresh ginger you want into a jar. Add honey and lemon juice and keep in the fridge. You can consume it by adding 1-2 glasses of warm water during the day.