Ice cream is a highly nutritious dessert made from milk, sugar, glucose syrup, salep, milk butter, vanilla, fruit puree, various dried fruits, chocolate or cocoa. Ice cream; Contains carbohydrate, protein, calcium, phosphorus, iron, zinc, magnesium, sodium, potassium, A, B, C, D and E group vitamins.
What are the benefits of ice cream?
Ice cream that can be consumed in all seasons; Due to its rich nutrient content, it is a higher source of energy, vitamins and minerals compared to the same amount of milk. Since ice cream can be consumed in all seasons, it is a good option for those who do not like foods such as milk, yoghurt and cheese. However, the fact that it is much lighter than dumplings is among the advantages that can be said for ice cream.
What should be considered when consuming ice cream?
• It must be prepared in accordance with health and hygiene rules.
• Since milk provides a very good environment for the growth of microorganisms, it can be spoiled very easily. For this reason, especially the milk from which the ice cream is made must be pasteurized and its contact with microorganisms must be prevented while it is being prepared.
• During production, it is important to use additives and colorants in accordance with the foodstuff regulations, appropriate packaging, labeling and post-production distribution in accordance with the cold chain. Care should be taken to ensure that these conditions are met while consuming ice cream.
• Ice creams sold on the streets should not be consumed and should be bought from reliable places.
• Choose products that you can trust, sell frequently and packaged. At the same time, care should be taken to ensure that the packaging is smooth and intact. While consuming ice cream, the expiration date should be considered.
• The presence of ice crystals in ice cream is an indication that it is not produced in accordance with the rules. However, as the small ice particles in the ice cream will scratch the throat tissue, it increases the risk of infection.
• Ice cream should not be consumed on an empty stomach. Consuming ice cream after a meal prevents the risk of appetite loss and stomach discomfort.
What should be considered in children’s ice cream consumption?
If your child is under the age of one and has not met all the foods, you should pay attention to ice cream consumption. Thus, you will prevent food allergies (such as cow’s milk, egg allergy) that may develop in your child.
Can ice cream be consumed while dieting?
While dieting, ice cream can be consumed provided that it is not too much. Excessive consumption of ice cream will increase the risk of gaining weight.