Fish, which contains less fat and saturated fat than red meat and chicken meat, is a very rich food in terms of omega 3 as well as quality proteins, vitamins and minerals. 100 grams of fish, which are considered to be good sources of thiamine (B1), niacin (B3), pyridoxine (B6), B12 and fat-soluble vitamins A and D, meet 10-15% of the vitamin A requirement. Fish is also a very rich food and a good source of protein, with minerals such as folic acid, phosphorus, calcium, iodine and selenium.
Although fish is a very rich food in terms of vitamins and minerals, it is also very rich in omega fatty acids used by the brain, and the most important thing is to consume fish in its season. To give an example, it is not right to expect a healing from the anchovies and bonito consumed outside the winter season, bluefish and mullet consumed in the summer months, instead, a turbot that we can eat towards the end of winter, sea bass and haddock to be eaten in the spring season, bream that we can eat towards the end of the summer season is too much for us. It will be a healthier and more accurate choice.
• January: The most delicious fish of this month are mackerel, bluefish, bonito and horse mackerel. Small red mullet, mullet, mullet and swallow are the most abundant fish in January.
• February: It is the beginning of the Kalkan season. Red mullet, silver, anchovy, butts, turbot, myrtle, torik, mullet, sea bass are delicious in February.
• March: Silver, butts, haddock, turbot, goby, haddock, mullet, sea bass, catfish are among the delicious and abundant fish of the month of March.
• April: Silver, butts, turbot, myrtle, red mullet, sea bass, gray mullet, goby are delicious. The most caught fish in April are turbot, sea bass and coral.
• May: Silver, butts, coral, myrtle, haddock, sea bass and goby are the most delicious fish. May is a very rich month in terms of sea creatures and fish. Red mullet, lobster, sea bass, mullet, sole, crab, swordfish, swallow, shrimp, and scorpion can be enjoyed in May.
• June: Coral, leerfish, goby, myrtle, tuna, grouper, sardine are among the fish that can be consumed this month.
• July: Sardines, bluefish, sarcophagus, leer, tuna, goby, broth, and cinarit are the most delicious fish of this month. Horse mackerel is very delicious.
• August: Small bluefish, sarıkanat, cinarite, goby, tuna, yellow bird are delicious. Horse mackerel is again the most delicious fish.
• September: Swordfish and sardines are still delicious. Bluefish, mackerel, butts, red mullet, bluefish, sea bream, mackerel, swordfish, and swallow are also hunted in September.
• October: It is one of the liveliest months of the fish season. Red mullet, sea bream, swordfish, sea bass, bluefish, mullet, sardine, bonito, grouper, and shaca are very delicious. It is the most delicious time of bonito.
• November: Bluefish, bonito, grouper, sarcophagus, mullet, toric, mackerel, mullet, carp, broadcast are delicious. November and December are the most delicious time for bluefish. November is the most intense time of the toric flow.
• December: Mackerel, bluefish, bonito and bonito are delicious. Red mullet is hunted in abundance and this is when the anchovies are completely delicious.
Freshness of fish is very important
Fish loses its freshness after a short time, so when buying fish, you should be very careful about its freshness. The pupils of fresh fish are curved outward, while the pupils of stale fish are collapsed, dull and dull. Although there are cold stores that preserve the freshness of the fish, it is necessary to pay attention to these features. In addition, when you press and pull your hand on the fresh fish, there is no trace, but when you press and pull your hand on the old fish, the trace remains, the fish cannot return to its old shape.
Pay attention to the cooking method
Instead of frying the fish in oil, do not forget to consume it in the oven, grilled or steamed at least twice a week in order to avoid spoiling the healthy fats in its ingredients and to avoid excessive fat consumption. It is very sad but did you know that we only consume 8 kg of fish per person per year? Let’s make sure to consume fish in season at least 2 days a week.